On Friday, August 17th I was sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV). It’s official; I’m no longer a Trainee (PCT). The ceremony was nice. There were four speakers, including our Country Director and someone from the U.S. Embassy. After the speakers there was a slide show of pictures submitted by the Trainees and a few cultural presentations. These were songs and native Mongolian dances. My group sang a song about mothers called ‘Миний Ээж, Сайхан Ээж’. The translation is My Mother, Nice Mother. It’s a very popular song in Mongolia.
After the presentations, there was a reception and then off to the buses to take us to our new homes (for 2 years). PC doesn’t recommend posting our exact location. If you would like to know email or facebook message me. I will give you a hint though; I’m by a railway line.
My Counterparts are very nice and have given me quite a few resources already. I’m beginning a conversational English class soon, so that will give me something to do. I’ve also been practicing typing in Mongolian, since it is inevitable.
Би Энх Тайвны Корпусын Эрүүл Мэндийн Сайн Дурын Ажилтан
(I’m a Peace Corps Health Volunteer)
A week or two before I left my host family, they adopted a puppy. Here are a few pictures him.
I called him Wesley.
Also here is a picture of my fellow 'Healthies.' We're a good looking group. This was taken at a Dodge Ball Tournament.
No comments:
Post a Comment